Ideal for watercolour classes.
Stretch your watercolour paper with ease – No more gum strip!
This infallible device takes the chore out of stretching watercolour paper of all weights. You may never need to buy brown paper tape again!
All who have attempted watercolour painting will know the frustration of painting on unstretched paper…even the heaviest papers can cockle and buckle under a wash, causing the paint to flow unevenly and ruining your work. Let’s face it…watercolour painting can be difficult enough, so anything which makes it technically easier has to be a bonus. The cure is to pre-stretch your paper, which normally means soaking the paper and then sticking it to your drawing board with old-fashioned brown-paper tape or loads of drawing pins, both very haphazard and unreliable methods. Soak the paper too much and it can tear as it dries or even break the board; get the gum-tape too wet and it won’t stick at all. Furthermore you have to let the paper dry naturally which can take several hours. By the time you have achieved a perfectly stretched sheet of paper you are almost too frightened to use it!
Watercolour paper is not cheap and wasted sheets can make it an expensive and frustrating hobby. As a watercolour teacher I needed a reliable device to stretch several sheets a day quickly and effortlessly, hence this invention.
Redcollie Stretchers now come with updated binders which have an improved grip that lasts much longer keeping the paper tight for many weeks even on the largest sizes. The top surface of the boards is also waxed to help resist water.
If you want to paint in acrylic or oil paint the paper can be treated with a pva-based primer: one coat before it dries and another after it has dried.
- REDCOLLIE WATERCOLOUR PAPER STRETCHERS
- Using the stretcher is very easy…
- 1 Simply soak the watercolour paper as usual.2 Lay it onto the lightweight board, cover the edges with the white plastic strips and lock them into place with the black plastic binders.You can even apply gentle direct heat to dry the paper, meaning you can be ready to start painting within 10 minutes.
- This video shows the whole process:AVAILABLE IN SELECTED UK ART SHOPS AND INTERNATIONALLY ON EBAY AND EtsySIZES AVAILABLE:
- 12X8 inches: A4 (30X21cm) £14.00 each
16X12 inches: A3 (42X30cm) £22.00 each
- 24X16 inches: A2 (60X42cm) £33.00 each
- 15X11 inches: Quarter Imperial (38X28cm) £20.00 each
- 22X15 inches: Half Imperial (56X 38cm) £30.00 each Bespoke sizes also made. Please contact me for a quotation.Post and Packaging within the UK £4.00 per order …regardless of how many stretchers you buy
PayPal, credit card, postal order/cheque or BACSSimply Email the details of your order to:…remembering to include yourPostal Address and I will email you an invoice.ALSO:Side binder bars available.You supply the boards, I will supply full instructions for construction and use.A4 Side Bar set £9.00A3 Side Bar set £12.00A2 Side Bar set £18.00Quarter Imperial Side Bar set £12.00Half Imperial Side Bar set £18.00Post and Packing Extra.Overseas customers welcomefor details of postage costs.